+ Reply to Thread

Default Need help locating hardware.

Hello,

I am looking for some information on where I can find replacements for some hardware. I have old windows and each window has what I like to call a pivoting wedge that holds it open. There is no counterweight or springs that help. I have a few that are broken, a few that I have to use shims of paper to help, and a few that are just gone. I do not like having to use sticks to hold the window open and I have not been able to find any kind of replacement anywhere. If someone has an idea of replacement hardware or even the name of the device I would be most grateful. I can not afford to replace the windows and I will be painting them soon and would love to replace these with new ones or even an alternative option.

Any ideas?

I have attached a picture at the end to help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	2516

Wink Re: Need help locating hardware.

You can try Stry-Buc Industries, they carry all sorts of window and door parts. Phone # 800-352-0800.

Calcats

Default Re: Need help locating hardware.

I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Any other ideas? Any clue as to what to call it even? I found THIS on the vandykes page. The description suggests "sash lock will hold the window securely open or closed". Is this indicating that the unit will only hold the window fully open or closed? Anyone have any experience with the hardware? It looks to me that the unit extends a plate to hold the window in position, is that correct? Also, it appears the the window would have a potential to slip right past the polished foot plate. Or is it just me? :-)

Still open for ideas, and thank you for your help so far.

Yes it holds the window in any position. No the window doesn't slip on the brass foot because it pinches the window tight between the foot and the window stop.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Teek5449 View Post
    It looks to me that the unit extends a plate to hold the window in position, is that correct? Also, it appears the the window would have a potential to slip right past the polished foot plate. Or is it just me? :-)

Still open for ideas, and thank you for your help so far.
    That would seem correct, judging by the picture in your link against pictures of the different colored ones available. Slippage would be determined by how close to the sash you mount the device. You do not want the device to be at full extension of the possibility of slippage is there.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!