+ Reply to Thread

Default Pond pump cycles off and on

I had to replace the impeller in my Koi pond. It is a NurseryPro / Ultra 1500 gph pump.

Now that I have the new impeller installed, the pump comes on for a couple of minutes and then cycles off and stays off for 10 to 15 minutes.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Pond pump cycles off and on

Sounds like a thermal overload on the motor is kicking and resetting. I'd have it checked.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Did you clean out the deposits in the well where the impeller slides in. I use full strength CLR, ,remove impeller, fill the well and let set for 10 minutes then dump and refill again. Do until all deposits are removed.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Per the instructions, I tapped out the bearing to replace it with a new one provided in the replacement kit. When that was out, I cleaned with Windex and a twisted paper towel. It was pretty clean.

For A.Spruce -

Whom would I ask to perform such a check on the motor?

Depends on who you have available to you. A pump spe******t such as well company or pond dealer/repair tech would be my first calls. You can ask these contacts for other referrals/recommendations for service.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!