+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up Green and Purple Stuff on Limestone Basement Wall

I've noticed a growing green and purple color on my limestone basement wall (see included pictures) - does anyone know if this is some sort of mold? It's very fluorescent in color. Also, I sprayed a few spots with some commercial biocide that a mold remediation company sold me. I sprayed it several times over a two week period, but it never left and now more of it is starting to show in other areas since it started to rain a great deal this month.

Note: On the second picture, the ignore the red stuff at the bottom of the photo - it's debris from brick and masonary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	2499   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	2500  

Default Re: Green and Purple Stuff on Limestone Basement Wall

Howdy consider mixing one part Clorox to 8 parts water in a spray bottle and spraying the stained area. if a fungus or mold the Clorox will kill it. it will also bleach out the staining.

Default Re: Green and Purple Stuff on Limestone Basement Wall

Looks like part efflouressence/part moldy something. Did you use Dry-loc on the walls? I would get some Dry-Loc etch, mix it up in an old spray bottle (windex bottle or something) and spray on. Follow directions and scrub with a brush. Then re-coat with new Dry-Loc. I would apply 3 coats of Dry-Loc paint to an area affected by this, since it's obviously a weak point for moisture seepage.
    Proud to be suburban free.