+ Reply to Thread

Default Outdoor water supply lines and drain

I'm planning to run water supply lines(hot/cold) from the main house to a pool house. The total distance is about 100'. At this point, my plan is to tap into the 3/4" copper in the main house and run 3/4" CPVC to supply the outdoor sink and shower at the pool house. Also considering buried PEX.

For grey water sink drain, I'm hoping that I can install a simple dry well and not drain all the way back to the house septic tank.

Comments appreciated.

Default Re: Outdoor water supply lines and drain

It wouldn't make sense to run hot water from the house to the pool area 100 feet away. It would be a waste of money and materials for the piping only to have the water cool off before it gets there. To me I would run one cold water line and have a small water heater at the pool area.
    As for what type of piping , how deep and if you can simply drain the grey water into a dry well would depend on your region and the local codes.

Default Re: Outdoor water supply lines and drain

thanks for your comments.

I have a propane source near the fixtures I want to supply, so I suppose I could install a tankless heater. I don't think I have enough power from the pool sub panel for an electric tankless heater. I'll look into it further.