+ Reply to Thread

Default Basement finishing

I own a home that has been waterproofed with a French drain. I'm reasonably sure it has been dry for sometime and I would like to finish it. My question is as I'm framing the perimeter walls how should I anchor them? I'm concerned about driving anchors in the repaired area. Could this cause the water problem to reappear. I'm not sure if adhesives would hold over time because of condensation.

Default Re: Basement finishing

you can predrill holes and use tapcon screws

you can use a ramset and shoot nails

you can predrill and use concrete anchors

any type or adhesive is not recommended and make sure that the base plate or any wood that is in contact with cement is pressure treated

Local building code inspectors will have some pretty specific ideas about what they want to see regarding wall plate anchors, best to check with them to know your options. What is needed varies too as more areas adopt seismic related building codes. Most will accept epoxied anchor bolts; there are specialized anchors made for just this purpose which I'd choose if permissible. Follow the instructions to the letter and these will be as strong as "L" anchor bolts poured into the concrete.

Phil

Finish your basement today with the help of Owens Corning Basement Finishing..........