+ Reply to Thread

Default Circuit breaker keeps tripping without load

I have circuit breaker problem. I have 3 things on one circuit but they are not loaded at the same time. even if you unplug all of them the circuit still will trip. I have a GFI with a outdoor light pole, pool cover and sprinkler timer all on one circuit. When I unplug the sprinkler timer and shut off the light and do not use the pool cover the curcuit trips by passing the GFI. I can run all three at the same time and nothing happens. I changed out the circuit breaker and GFI and still have same problem. All of these devices are out side.

twmackey
    View Public Profile
    Find all posts by twmackey

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Default Re: Circuit breaker keeps tripping without load

I went to reset the breaker this morning and the breaker immeadiatly tripped. I then reset it again and it held. I'm currently watering the lawn and it hasn't tripped. I can't figure this out. When we replaced the cicuit with 15 amp instead of a 20 amp by mistake so I do have lower amperage. Could the circuit I bought from Home Depot. It is a General Electric panel and circuit breakr.

Sounds like to me you have a wiring issue, not a breaker problem.

The odd thing it seems that the breakker will not trip until the after noon. The sprinler system will run its cycle and be okay. I can turn on the lights at night and run the pool cover nothing happens thing go to bed and it is tripped in the morning. I'm wondering if something elese is on that circuit causing it to trip. Also I'm on the same page as you are about the wire problem. I have lived in this house for 15 years and never havehad an issue except for the gfi tripping. I will be digging up the electrical by the sprinkler system this eek end to see if there is a prblem with the wire.

The the circuit breaker did not trip at all yesterday and was ok this morning before I wen't to work.

As near as I could tell the direct buriel electrical has a fualt in it. It shouls read .00 when checking ohms and it was around 400 ohms. I found where it goes into the house with 2 other lines. Dug a trench and laid another line and tied into my pool shed outlet.