+ Reply to Thread

Default Eljer tub faucet handle removal

Hello!

My bathtub has an Eljer faucet and it drips a lot unless I really tighten the handles. I was told I could probably fix it by replacing the rubber washer in the handles. However, I cannot figure out how to get them off. I've attached a few pictures of them. As you can see there is a small slot that looks like it could be pressed down with a flat head screw driver. I've tried pressing it in (barely moves) and pulling on the handle...nothing. Any advice?

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	faucet2.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	2482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	faucet3.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	2483  

Default Re: Eljer tub faucet handle removal

I can't determine the means of removal from the pictures, however you're probably on the right track. Have you tried going to Eljer's website and finding the owners manual for your faucet?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I have tried looking for a manual but it is difficult since I don't know what model it is. The faucet was in place well before I bought the house.

Having gone to the Eljer site, I'm not surprised you didn't find anything. Unfortunately too many manufacturers are concerned with a "pretty" site, rather than one that offers information on their products. I would email them the picture that you've posted here and ask them for identification, an owners manual, and tech info on how to remove the handles. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I know I'm late but try this website...

http://www.plumbingpartsdepot.com/sltubindex.html
    "Life does not go by the book, we learn as we go along".

You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution to removing these handles?
    Thanks for any help

If you look on the side of the handle you will see a SMALL slot. You need to use a small screw driver and push the tab that is in the slot, one on each side of the handle. This is sometimes easier said than done. YOu may need to heat the handle up with HOT water on a cloth and let it sit on the handle a few minutes.

The part of the handle you see (the silver part) is pushed onto the handle adapter, sometimes mineral deposits get in between the two pieces and harden. Once you get the handle off it shouldn't be difficult to do the rest of the job. Good luck.

J G