+ Reply to Thread

Question why won't the forum "remember me"?

Why is it that I can put a check in the box next to Remember me? when I am signing in, but everytime I come back here, I have to enter my user name again?
    peace,
    Sophie

Default Re: why won't the forum "remember me"?

Could be a couple of things. Do you have your computer set to accept cookies? Have you recently cleared your cookies/cache from your computer? If you have "selective" cookies, have you whitelisted TOH . com, adviceTOH . com, and I think there's a third associated site?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

most likely its you cookie settings, you can set them to clear too often.
    HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL!

Oklahoma City, OK

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Could be a couple of things. Do you have your computer set to accept cookies? Have you recently cleared your cookies/cache from your computer? If you have "selective" cookies, have you whitelisted TOH . com, adviceTOH . com, and I think there's a third associated site?
    In order my answers are I have no idea and no.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsand View Post
    most likely its you cookie settings, you can set them to clear too often.
    that's not something I ever fool around with. I have other forums that I visit that "remember me". I just don't understand why those do and this one doesn't. And, one of the others is also powered by V Bulletin.

I just logged out and came back to post this. I had never paid attention before, but after I picked "log out", it asked me if I was sure...I said yes and then a message appeared that said this...

vBulletin message
    All cookies cleared!

Is that why the discussion board doesn't remember me? How do I correct this issue? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by SophieC; 05-22-2009 at 09:20 PM.
    peace,
    Sophie

If you're logging out at the end of your visit, then you'll have to log in when you come back.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I guess I wasn't clear. Yes, I do log out, as I do on other forums. The difference is that on those other forums, when I go back to visit, my username & password are already in the appropriate boxes and I just have to click on "log in". On TOH, I have to retype in the boxes.

OK, I just did a little bit of testing. You are correct Spruce. If I "log out" I have to retype my info. I went to the other forum that I am a member of that is also powered by vBulletin and realized that what was happening there was that I was not 'logging out'. I was only closing the page. That's my mistake.....wasn't paying attention to detail.

New question....if I don't "log out", does it appear that I am ****** (green dot next to name) at all times? If you don't know, just let me know if there is a green dot next to my name when you read this. It is now 7:35 am and I am about to leave to go work on my house. I will be gone all day. Instead of logging out, I will just close firefox.
    Last edited by SophieC; 05-23-2009 at 08:36 AM.
    peace,
    Sophie

No, you only show up as "here" if there is an internet connection to this site.

As to why your name and password is not being remembered, it is likely a setting on your computer that is not allowing your computer to remember OR cookies on your computer are not set to be saved for this site.

Yup, my puter is set to only save chocolate chip cookies. I think the cookies here are sugar cookies or maybe raisin…….. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by NEC View Post
    Yup, my puter is set to only save chocolate chip cookies. I think the cookies here are sugar cookies or maybe raisin…….. Not sure.
    Now if only the forum would forget this guy ...

Just Kidding