+ Reply to Thread

Default Did my steam mop ruin my grout?

We purchased our first home at the beginning of 2014 and shortly after also purchased a steam mop. We have ceramic tile in the entry, halls, kitchen, bathrooms and one bedroom... a lot. I don't remember our grout being like this when we first moved in but now in certain areas it looks pitted and like I can sc**** the pitted spots out with my nails. I didn't think we had a seal on our floor but I'm starting to wonder if we in fact did and the shark mop has removed it and now the grout is easily damaged. ??? The house is about 3 yrs old and there are long cracks in other parts of the grout from it settling (I'm assuming). Is there a way to fix this without pulling up the whole floor and starting over? My husband and I aren't super handy. I'm hoping I wasn't the one who ruined our floors... Help is much appreciated

Default Re: Did my steam mop ruin my grout?

I'm not sure why it bleeped out that word. It's supposed to say something like scratch or rub or any other synonym.

The bleep out happens all the time. Its quite annoying. Spe******t has the name of an ED drug in it. Who knew?

FOr all things tile, take some pictures and start a new thread in the John Bridge Tile forum.The fine folks there will be better able to diagnose your problem, and depending on your geographical area, suggest a course of treatment.

Thanks, will do! With two kids at my feet while trying to post I quickly chose the best place that I saw... Thanks for your help!

And they don't bleep anything

No, your steam mop did not damage the grout, it was crappy grout to begin with. The floor can be regrouted without tearing out the tile, if you have broken tile, this would be the time to fix them, if you've got spares hiding in the garage. If you don't have spares, there is no guarantee that you'll find the same style of tile ever again, so don't start the project until you are certain you have replacements.

The site filters words like on-line, special-ist, g-old, scr-ape, etc., due to spam problems and "foul" language issues. The way around, obviously, is to insert a hyphen somewhere, or use a cinnamon. (wink - that was a joke, I meant synonym ).
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!