+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chuck Buddy

Default Re: Chuck Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by libcarp View Post
    Take a look at the Jack Rabbit version....
    http://jackrabbittool.com/
    I have tried a lot of these kinds of tools and found this one to be by far the best.
    Thanks - That appears to be a good option.

Wink Re: Chuck Buddy

The quick change setup that Norm uses might be the same one that Tom uses. It is called a Jack Rabbit Deluxe Set, you can get it at Rockler.com, Woodcraft.com, McFeeley's.com, Hartville Tool.com and at New Yankee Workshop.com..

Calcats

I was at Home Depot today, so I thought I would look at the drills and see if one would fit the Chuck Buddy. No such luck, all the drills have too large diameters for the Buddy.

I found the following at http://www.sciplus.com/category.cfm/category/120:

Chuck Buddy
    Every 3/8" power drill's best friend. It has a black plastic cone that will fit over a standard chuck with the drill bit for a pilot hole still chucked in place. On the end of the cone is a steel tube with a tip to hold a standard 1/4" screwdriver bit. Leave the driver in the buddy and slip it on and off the chuck to change quickly and easily between drilling pilot holes and driving wood screws. That's what friends are for.

That help?

Quote Originally Posted by NewHusband View Post
    I found the following at http://www.sciplus.com/category.cfm/category/120:

Chuck Buddy
    Every 3/8" power drill's best friend. It has a black plastic cone that will fit over a standard chuck with the drill bit for a pilot hole still chucked in place. On the end of the cone is a steel tube with a tip to hold a standard 1/4" screwdriver bit. Leave the driver in the buddy and slip it on and off the chuck to change quickly and easily between drilling pilot holes and driving wood screws. That's what friends are for.

That help?
    That's the place I purchased them from. I have those, I need to find a drill that fits them.

The problem I have with the "Chuck Buddy" is that it puts the working end with the screw driver bit farthest from the chuck where you need control the most... the "Jack Rabbit" system leaves the screw driver bit in the chuck so you have better control when it comes to drive the screws... at least that has been my experience with them.
    Last edited by libcarp; 05-21-2009 at 04:41 PM.