+ Reply to Thread

Default Custom Brass Switchplate

I nned to find a company that will make a custom brass switchplate.

Many Thanks
    John Mitchell

Default Re: Custom Brass Switchplate

Look for a sheet metal shop that does more than just HVAC systems. Some place that does things like stainless steel countertops for restaurants or custom work for industrial plants might be able to do the job.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

If you need a switchplate in a hard-to-find configuration, I have had luck at www.classicaccents.net. The have push-button plates and more. I don't know if that helps, but I have found some pretty unusual plates there.

Default Vintage Hardware & Lighting www.vintagehardware.com

www.vintagehardware.com

Vintage Hardware & Lighting

From their website:

In addition to our hundreds of hardware items, we also offer the option to have your own hardware or parts reproduced. Since we are a real foundry and not just a reseller, we can make custom replacements of missing antique hardware for furniture. New product lines and projects for new construction are also possible for hardware.

Default http://www.kraft-hardware.com/custom_shop.php

One more for you.

http://www.kraft-hardware.com/custom_shop.php

From their website:

OUR CUSTOM SHOP

Need a one-of-a-kind look? We can custom create and finish hardware for you right here. Kraft is the only decorative hardware showroom in New York City with full machine and metal fabricating shops right on the premises. Our craftsmen can antique, distress or refinish a new piece, do plating, match one-of-a-kind items, reproduce old pieces, and do repairs. From small items like hinges, hooks or pulls, to custom sink stands, we can handle it all.

We can work from sketches and can expedite special requests. You can bring us materials, or we can supply them from our inventory of materials. Best of all, you can talk directly with the artisans on your project…they are right here.

Try Vandykes.com, they have many of those types of products.

Calcats