+ Reply to Thread

Default What can i do to make 10 x 5 ft and 8 x 5ft bathrooms look bigger and nicer?

I am willing to help my family with better looking bathrooms.We can t remove and change any furniture except the towers over the toilets because we are renters. How can i actually make them look better?Thank you.

Default Re: What can i do to make 10 x 5 ft and 8 x 5ft bathrooms look bigger and nicer?

Usually, mirrors tend to make a tiny space look larger.

Default Re: What can i do to make 10 x 5 ft and 8 x 5ft bathrooms look bigger and nicer?

Light colors make it look larger

Dim lighting can hide some sins too.

Use baskets for storage where you can.

Use a bigger mirror as you can, and try to place the mirror across from a window within the bathroom so, will make it visually seem like you have two windows in the bathroom.

Talking Re: What can i do to make 10 x 5 ft and 8 x 5ft bathrooms look bigger and nicer?

Thank you so much everyone!!! I didn t have acsess to the internet for a while,so i couldn t answer.
    Dj1 you said mirrors make rooms bigger...We have a mirror in each bathroom but they re basicly medicine cabinets(cant really take those off).But maybe i could add a door mirror because we have one of those windows that are really small in height .That window would then be facing the mirror on the door.
    HoustonRemodeler,you said light colors.I love the idea!!I ll try that ,Thank You!!
    queen60 and jonny,I love your ideas ,but there ain t much space for those.Thank you anyway!!
    -R

Red face Re: What can i do to make 10 x 5 ft and 8 x 5ft bathrooms look bigger and nicer?

I would also add decorative pieces. Add a high quality shower curtain with brushed nickel shower rings plus a nice towel set to accent the shower curtain that you can hang on the towel rack. You can also add a bath mat, but keep the colors light and simple. Placing one or two small pictures/paintings will also help liven the space up. I'm also a fan of wicker baskets for storage; you can keep them out in the open by using them for toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRemodeler View Post
    Light colors make it look larger

Dim lighting can hide some sins too.
    For me it depends on Paint because for me paint matters me not the wide of area.

If you need more storage, you might try a cloth or plastic shoe rack hung on the door. You can put toiletries etc. in the pockets.