+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Your Most Cherished Hand Tool

I want to change my answers . . . My most cherished tools are the ones I no longer have to use!
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

vaco flat blade screw driver with square shaft. with exactly .031 inches at the blade. It was the only flat blade screw driver that Never slipped. An electrician stole it from my pouch, I never found one like it. BTW vaco are the best but very pricey. But if your in the trades what a joy to use.

My cherished tool: a brace and bit set I got from my Great Grandfather. It's not new and I practically never use it thanks to all my power tools, but sometimes there is just something about doing the detail work by hand that is way more enjoyable to me. He built his barn with it (and many other tools I still have), the barn stood until it was dismantled and recycled/rebuilt on another site. So, not the newest tool, not the most used, but definately my most cherished hand tool!

My rather old Craftsman 19.2 volt electric drill. It's almost ten years old and other than replacing the batteries and charger a few years ago it's always been there when I've needed it. It's strong and with two speeds it has drilled almost every hole and screwed almost every screw in my house.

Vaco screwdrivers and under Klein Tools now, and they are well made.

My most cherished hand tool is the ordinary razor knife/box cutter. No, not the metal fancy ones but the plastic ones that cost a dollar or two. I always carry one or two with me when rehabbing houses. I use it for cutting carpet, vinyl floors, shims, and many other items. I works as a screwdriver if the screw is not too tight. I use it as a light sc****r using the flat edge. When the tip gets dull I just snap it off and go again. I use it to pick up a dab of dropped caulk. It works perfectly to smooth drywall mud in a tight area where nothing else works. I carry them in the small pocket below my right pocket in my overalls and can quick draw and extend the blade in less then two seconds. There is probably a bunch of uses that I forgot but it is the one must have item for me.

Am I the only one with a touching, heartfelt story?

Come on guys, you can do better than this !

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRemodeler View Post
    Am I the only one with a touching, heartfelt story?

Come on guys, you can do better than this !
    I hit my thumb with a hammer once, it made me cry!
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    I hit my thumb with a hammer once, it made me cry!
    When I want to damage my hammer, I swing it on steel, not my finger.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    When I want to damage my hammer, I swing it on steel, not my finger.
    HR wanted something emotional though . . .