+ Reply to Thread

Default granite countertop around slide in stove

I am purchasing a slide in stove during my kitchen remodel. I want granite counter tops. The stove would be next to a filler on one side and a cabinet on the other. Is it best to use a filler panel as opposed to a simple cabinet filler? I think that if I use a normal filler there would be an empty space next to the stove and I suspect that might be an issue for the stove bar in the back of the range. So the question is do I change the base cabinet filler to a base cabinet filler panel?

Default Re: granite countertop around slide in stove

Sounds like a personal preference call to me. Do you want a hinged door covering the space or do you want it left open?

Personally, I'd install a cabinet because I wouldn't want an open space to collect dust bunnies. As for the inevitable gaps between the stove and the granite top, there are aluminum "T" strips you can get to bridge this gap. Not sure what they're called, but you'll find them in the appliance section at the big box.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Default Re: granite countertop around slide in stove

I don't think it would matter much but i would ask the granite guys. I would think it would be easier to screw a ledger board to the wall to support the top than to get a filler panel attached and perfectly level. Spruce did you even read the post? There is no room for a cabinet it is just a filler.