+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cove ceilings

Question cove ceilings

I want to put some kind of flat moulding, like a chair rail, on my walls. The house has cove ceilings. The moulding would drop down about a foot below the curve of the ceiling (maybe less?) I think that would look nice but my son does not agree. I've looked everywhere I can think of and cannot find a picture of it. If I could find a picture or somebody who he thinks knows what they're doing to agree with me, I could get him to change his mind. He's the one doing the work, don't ya' know so it's important that he change his mind. Come on and help me you guys, I'm the only woman all alone here.

Default Re: cove ceilings

Sure, I'll try and help you out. I think what you are talking about is something like a picture rail moulding. Most are not flat though. If you do a web search for picture rail moulding you can find many examples like this.

NEC, you must have that wrong, looks like a wreath hanging molding to me ...

Marian, that is indeed a picture rail, I was just giving NEC a little much needed ribbing.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

In heavy NY accent from the back of a NY pub..... "I got beans on you Sprucy, I got beans." "Be very careful dos beans don't get spilled."

Yo! Are you's talk'n to me?!?!

You're not the first one to say that I'm full of beans.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Time fo a ride in the country side there Sprucy.......... We will leave the windows open (You and those beans!)............ You's get in the back seat...... We will drive fast....... Let the wind "blow". If'ns ya know what I mean.....

Hey Marion! My vote is for you BTW. If the ceilings are high enough a picture rail would be a nice touch.

Maybe we need to travel in the general direction of Marian's house and have a word with her son! How dare he question his mother! Young'n's these days

Heck, while we're there, we could even install it for her. What do you say NEC, do I hear ROAD TRIP in our future?