+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb deck inlay ideas

i built a octagon deck and i need an idea of what to put in the center. some kind of an inlay. or mabey a fire place

any ideas??

Default Re: deck inlay ideas

How about a fire pit. You can run a gas line under the deck and come up through it. Maybe beef up the support under the area whith the fire pit and make a stack stone type base around it. You could get those t****zoid shaped, concrete stones that they sell at home center for landscaping. With gas, there's no mess and it's really nice to sit around at night. A couple of friends have them and they're a big hit.

Good Luck.

I'd put in a full size statue of Venus de Milo....... I'd post a pic but this is a family site.

I like NEC's idea, but for a respectable house it has to be a "Mary on the half-shell". You know, the Virgin Mary with half a cast iron tub standing on end behind her! You have to make sure you paint the outside of the tub a nice robin's egg blue and the inside as pure white as you can get. And don't forget to paint the Blessed Virgin as well so she stands out in front of that beautiful backdrop.

Quote Originally Posted by TRLambert View Post
    I like NEC's idea, but for a respectable house it has to be a "Mary on the half-shell". You know, the Virgin Mary with half a cast iron tub standing on end behind her! You have to make sure you paint the outside of the tub a nice robin's egg blue and the inside as pure white as you can get. And don't forget to paint the Blessed Virgin as well so she stands out in front of that beautiful backdrop.
    Kind of like this only full sized? I like it. It could become a kind of spiritual center for the deck and home as well.

I really like it. Maybe some potted flowers around it as well.

Well........... I do not think Mary had a beard but it's the idea that counts.

Great idea TR! I would do it in a heart beat!

Exactly like that NEC!

Just make sure you keep it concealed from the street or you'll have all sorts of lookie-lou's holding mass on your deck (kind of like they do when Jesus appears in a double-paned window or on a grilled cheese).

I also like the idea of putting in a concrete nature scene to compliment Mary and help her feel peaceful -- possibly a few concrete deer, perhaps an oversized morel mushroom and a Mexican cowboy leaning against a tree with his hat over his face taking a siesta.

The possibilities are endless -- but one things for sure, once you commit to the first piece you can't stop until every square inch of your property is filled with concrete artwork!