+ Reply to Thread

Default User Manual for Craftsman 80 Table Saw

I am looking for a user manual for a Craftsman 80 Table Saw - Model #103.21040. I have searched the internet and came up empty. I figure someone on this website will have one I can get a copy of.

Thank you!

Default Re: User Manual for Craftsman 80 Table Saw

This is one number off: #103.21041
    http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/detail.aspx?id=4465

Sometimes, manuels are similar for similar models.

The download appears hard to read, but it might print out better than it looks on screen. Also, there is a name of the submitter and it might be possible to contact him.

Amazing what can be found on the internet. Good job Lily.
    The website seemed a bit ponderous to find stuff, but I didn't spend much time browsing.
    The PDF download was very readable.

Thanks ed. It helps to have a computer savvy husband and son.

On my MacBook there is a “find” function (Command key followed by F key) which brings up a little box on the upper right screen at the top of the web page. If you type a word in it – in this case I typed the model number – it will highlight it on the page you are searching. I did not type in the complete number so it highlighted those close. It helps prevent endless searching on long web pages. I bet windows has a similar function. I am glad the download was readable as mine looked blurry.

I lost my manual for my serger (sewing machine) and then found it on line. Been there.

Interestingly enough, Sears seems to support everything they've ever sold in their history of existence. I've got a 40+ year old Craftsman belt sander that spit out it's internal drive belt, sure enough, Sears still carries a replacement! Point being, if you can't find what you need in the ethos, contact Sears customer service directly, they will likely have the manual available electronically.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Interestingly enough, Sears seems to support everything they've ever sold in their history of existence. I've got a 40+ year old Craftsman belt sander that spit out it's internal drive belt, sure enough, Sears still carries a replacement! Point being, if you can't find what you need in the ethos, contact Sears customer service directly, they will likely have the manual available electronically.
    Careful here, they do not support some things. A 50's vintage pre-Atlas Craftsman metal lathe is a no-go other than tool posts and and tooling. Some of their older products were made by small companies that are long gone, with the parts following suit. There used to be lots of companies who did only re-branded or store-branded stuff on annual contracts so that in 5 years a given tool could be from 5 places, each being slightly (or more) different. Sometimes you get lucky and find it under another store's brand, identical but with a different nameplate and maybe with some parts available there. If you ever get stuck with one of these, search who made it first then search for parts under that name- it usually works better doing that.

Two of my "look here first" places:
    http://www.old-woodworking-tools.net/index.html

and
    /http://www.owwm.org/

Phil