Default How to fix power washing marks on stained cedar siding

We had our house power washed and stained last year by a local contractor. We came home to find that the front of the house was power washed at with the narrow nozzle on max pressure which caused some serious "scarring". The contractor thought that a year of weather would blend it in......it didn't. He offered to come back to fix it, but his proposed solution was to burn it! That just doesn't sound right. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Default Re: How to fix power washing marks on stained cedar siding

Maybe solid staining will help.

Default Re: How to fix power washing marks on stained cedar siding

Damage once done is tough to compensate for, and with wood like yours cannot really ever be undone. Darter colors hide this kind of thing better, and solid stains will help too. A more uniform coarser surface can be had by wire-brushing all over, adapting the time and pressure used to the specific area to achieve the best blend overall. You'll have to re-stain after that.

I'm glad your contractor is trying to resolve this but with something like this having happened in the first place I would have doubts whether I'd want to see them again outside of a courtroom. Someone dropped the ball big-time with the pressure washing or it's supervision and that wasn't you, so you shouldn't have to suffer for that.

Phil