+ Reply to Thread

Default home security system

Does anybody have an opinion on video home surveillance system? I am getting ready to purchase one and I would like to know if I need 4 or more cameras. Also any name brands that stand out. I would like to keep it under $500.00 dollars. It also needs to be WIFI capable and remote monitored.

Default Re: home security system

You mount as many cams as you need for the coverage you want.

Home security camera systems provide evidence after the fact only if they are stolen along with everything else. Remote monitoring won't help if you don't have some form of off site storage. If you can hide the cameras and the DVR, you may get lucky and have the evidence for the police.

The first line of defense are solid doors with good locks. Just adding locks are not enough, the frame around the door needs to be reinforced so that it can't be kicked in. You would be surprised how easy it is to kick in most doors. Windows need to be upgraded as well but they are much harder and more expensive to do. Security screens or security film can cost well over $4k for a modest sized house.

Burglar bars or iron security windows and doors only attract thieves and they will come equipped to get by them. The best system is the one that does not attract attention but catches the opportunist off guard. They will be unequipped for the upgrades and will go somewhere else.

Cameras number depends on the size and layout of your space. As a general rule, many homes or small businesses can be effectively monitored with four cameras. If you want to monitor over wifi you should use IP cameras, these versatile devices allow you to connect to the Internet via a broadband network and remotely view live video from any web browser anywhere in the world.

Security systems don't add any security. They may act as a deterrent or collect evidence after-the-fact, but your stuff is still gone and you won't get it back. As a part of an integrated security plan they do well. As anything else, spend your money on upgrading your real security items first. I could say a lot more but I won't do so publicly- crooks have learned to get on the web for answers too

Phil

I just bought 2 elec systems on ebay both 4 camera systems with dvr 2 weeks ago and installed them myself and made a video on you tube .I love them .They were both under 100 dollars each and have a dvr .They were easy to install outside because of the 60 ft cables included and have great pictures .i did not want an indoor camera system because of all the warnings about people hacking them .The pic is clear both day and night .I bought them mainly to monitor my koi pond .But have them set up all around my house .The driveway the yards and the guest house are all on camera and the wide angle is great .I have one camera set up outside my sliding glass doors and my basement doors and front and side doors and also on my carport .I have had a problem with hunters and there dogs since i have woods all around me .I wanted 2 dvr's and they can be monitored by E-cloud for life .I have 1 set of elec cameras set up on my puter and the other set on a tv monitor .950 h and 720 tvl.I am no expert at this stuff and far from being a computer expert and if i can do it any one can .I am also 61 years old .

There are many agencies which provides home security system. I would like to suggest you for signal security, i have purchased from there last month.

I bought the elec cameras off ebay .I made a video on you tube .I bought 4 cameras with the cloud for life .I love them .It was mostly to protect my koi pond under 100 dollars you could not beat it

good choice in home safety.