+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Unknown hardware found in basement. Concrete anchors? Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRemodeler View Post
    I wonder if they are the shipping supports for a clothes washer which are removed during installation. People think they will save them then forget what the heck they are....

Usually bright colors so people can see them.

Bad threading to go through sheet metal easily

Hook to grap the adjoining part to they will be steady when the driller gets to it on the factory line

Metal plate on the head to grab the tub

Sound about right ? Let me know what I've won.
    They look a tad familiar to me as well, I'd bet you're right, they're lock-down hardware from a washing machine.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

To send the prize money, I can take a check, pay pal, or cash.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRemodeler View Post
    To send the prize money, I can take a check, pay pal, or cash.
    That will help this years scaffolding races!
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    That will help this years scaffolding races!
    Yeah, we need that! We're still a few dollars behind after paying the hospital bills from last years event I'm still mad at whoever it was that didn't mark the hairpin corner by the stairwell properly. My head broke three oak treads on the way down but luckily there was nothing else that could be hurt

Phil

*points at Houston*