+ Reply to Thread

Default How to clean grout

What is the best way to clean grout that has gotten dirty? I have an off white grout that is going grey: one floor is ceramic tile, the other is travertine marble. After cleaning, what is the best sealer to get and where do you find it? Any special insights as to how to use it?

Thanks.

Default Re: How to clean grout

ah..the bloody grout. I can't stand my tile floor just because of this. I don't care what anyone says, the only way to deal with this is to use the same color grout as dirt They have this new type of grout which is plastic or something..some other material. I believe it's very expensive.

ANyways... not to plug a company, but I did have Stanley Steamer come in and clean my tile and grout and was actually very happy with the results. Not only was my grout clean, was surprised how the tile came out. I didn't realize that a film had developed even though we run a very clean house. THey also sealed the grout for me, but tell you what, not sure it mattered.

I use a mixture of laundry detergent and bleach and then brush the grout area. A brush with stiffer bristles will help although you can try using the soft bristles first if they work. So far, this technique has been effective for me and I hope it will help you, too.
    Last edited by marf1273; 08-17-2009 at 05:11 AM.

Actually pretty simple. Clorox clean-up and a scrub brush. If you can find a wallpaper brush that works best as it is thin and long. I would not use it on colored grout but off-white or white is fine. Let it dry and seal with a penetrating sealer I use 511 Impregnator made by Miracle Products.