Funny thing about small projects in my 66 year old house.....they never stay small very long. Anyway, in my dining room area, sandwiched between two peices of glued together paneling, I located an outlet. the outlet itself is a 220.... after further exporation into the wall, it seems like that powered an air conditioning unit that was once in the wall (found a framed up and covered up location near the outlet void of insulation) I traced the wire in the attic, and it went to straight down into my panel in the laundry room. So, my question is, does 220 require a double pole breaker, or can it potentially run off of a single pole? I am trying to determine the voltage becuase nothing regarding my electric was ever labeled, and I have only been moderatly sucessful in my personal attempts.