+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Question Double hung sash window - help

How do I remove the parting bead from a double hung sash window (rope & pulley) when the top window has an extension on the bottom of the frame? My house has 22 double hung sash windows and I have been able to replace the rope sash on all but the front window which has this extension. Any ideas would be welcome.

Default Re: Double hung sash window - help

Quote Originally Posted by Sdog View Post
    How do I remove the parting bead from a double hung sash window (rope & pulley) when the top window has an extension on the bottom of the frame? My house has 22 double hung sash windows and I have been able to replace the rope sash on all but the front window which has this extension. Any ideas would be welcome.
    Do you mean the top sash has an extra wide bottom to it, that kinda covers/blocks the parting bead? I'm having trouble visualizing it.

If so, if the top sash moves, move it to the bottom of the window to remove the bead. If it doesn't (and cutting paint doesn't help it move) you may just have to pry the bead and bend it around the wide part and hope you don't break it.