+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Previous owner converted poorly built deck into sunroom

Once again, thanks for the sage-like advice. I'll do some "surgery" as suggested.

There is no evidence of sagging of the sunroom, at least since I moved in. All this was initiated because I want to build a deck off the sunroom, and add ductwork to the room. It's eventually going to get scrutiny from the city anyways when I present my deck plans and try to get a building permit, which is obviously getting way ahead of myself - this house isn't ready for a deck off a deck (deck-ception!)

I don't have answers to the other questions from Ed since most of that will come from cutting a little more open, but those questions are incredibly helpful to have asked.

This forum is quickly becoming my new favorite place on the internet Thanks again. I'll keep the thread updated with what I find out.

Please do not post over and over again, give us a chance to approve the post. Links are held to prevent spammers from posting.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by eduesterhaus View Post
    Here are the pictures: http://imgur.com/RtwSsDW,kZGOPvl
    Seeing the pic with the annotations, your "2x4" beam is likely going to be a 4x8, or larger, with 2x6, or larger, joists hung off the sides. Things may not be quite as bad as they seem, but then again, maybe they are. Until you open up the lid and see what's inside, and provide better pics of how the posts are supported at the ground . . . ?????
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    Please do not post over and over again, give us a chance to approve the post. Links are held to prevent spammers from posting.

Jack
    Thanks. I cleaned up the thread/deleted duplicate posts of mine. I didn't realize they were pending moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by eduesterhaus View Post
    Thanks. I cleaned up the thread/deleted duplicate posts of mine. I didn't realize they were pending moderation.
    Not a real problem, I try to get on the forum twice a day to take care of the sites moderation filter.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb