+ Reply to Thread

Default Air Conditioner Is Not Cooling.

My air conditioner is not producing cool air any normal ac unit produce. After leaving it on all night and turning it on during peak heat times during the day, I have concluded that this machine doesn't cool off my room and/or my house. Now its compressor ran only for 10 to 20 seconds and then shut off. While on the other hand fan is running. What should I have to do?
    Last edited by jamesmiler; 05-27-2014 at 03:47 AM.

Default Re: Air Conditioner Is Not Cooling.

Call a repair company?

You say the compressor ran for 10, 20 seconds and quit. One time or all the times? If you answer this question, you will narrow down the possibilities.

Regardless, you need your system checked, it could be a few things wrong. Probably serviced as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ed21 View Post
    Call a repair company?
    Why shouldn't i try to solve it by myself.
    Last edited by jamesmiler; 05-27-2014 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    You say the compressor ran for 10, 20 seconds and quit. One time or all the times? If you answer this question, you will narrow down the possibilities.

Regardless, you need your system checked, it could be a few things wrong. Probably serviced as well.
    All the times it's starts the compressor Trips.
    "Finding the best Option"
    Hidden Content can be easy with an expert advice.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmiler View Post
    Why shouldn't i try to solve it by myself.
    Nobody is trying to stop you from trying to solve it yourself. But if you start guessing and start replacing good parts, you'll end up spending more money than just calling a tech. Summer is here, and you don't want to be without air for too long. Besides, trying to get an A/C tech in the summer time is like finding g o l d in the streets of Las Vegas.

Also, trying to diagnose over the computer is darn difficult, you need a tech to tell you which part is bad. It could be a capacitor, a relay, a transformer, a contactor, a thermostat...you get the point. For each part there are hundreds of models - it's crucial to get the right part, and also you need to factor your time and running around looking for parts.

Nobody is trying to stop you from trying to solve it yourself. But if you start guessing and start replacing good parts, you'll end up spending more money than just calling a tech. Summer is here, and you don't want to be without air for too long. Besides, trying to get an A/C tech in the summer time is like finding g o l d in the streets of Las Vegas.

Also, trying to diagnose over the computer is darn difficult, you need a tech to tell you which part is bad. It could be a capacitor, a relay, a transformer, a contactor, a thermostat...you get the point. For each part there are hundreds of models - it's crucial to get the right part, and also you need to factor your time and running around looking for parts.

dj is correct; not to mention a pin-hole leak of refrigerant (common) that can only be detected if you have a leak detector tool---which all technicians have.

Thank you Dj1 I already hired an AC technician and he just told me that the power supply have some issue and charge me $110 to get solved the issue.

Thanks for the update and I'm glad you got it fixed for a reasonable price.

Many times homeowners and DIYers are reluctant to call for professional help. There are so many crooks out there, that these homeowners are afraid to get ripped off. However, many things around the house require a license, and an average homeowner can't do them.

The answer: find reputable and honest contractors (yes, they do exist). Do the research to find them, they don't just drop out the clear blue sky when you need them, then save their numbers.

Thanks for the update and I'm glad you got it fixed for a reasonable price.

Many times homeowners and DIYers are reluctant to call for professional help. There are so many crooks out there, that these homeowners are afraid to get ripped off. However, many things around the house require a license, and an average homeowner can't do them.

The answer: find reputable and honest contractors (yes, they do exist). Do the research to find them, they don't just drop out the clear blue sky when you need them, then save their numbers.
    Thank you Dj1 for your advice exactly that was the reason i tried to solve it by myself but finally got a good call.