+ Reply to Thread

Default Rustoleum Deck Restore

Does anyone have experience with Rustoleum Deck Restore? What are your thoughts?

My deck is about 15 years old and seems to be structurally sound, just looks bad. I have stained it in the past, but it still looks old.

The Deck Restore says that it is only good on horizontal surfaces, what did you do with the railings and spindles?

How long this this take? I am hoping to finish our 150sf deck in a weekend.

Thanks

Default Re: Rustoleum Deck Restore

It's an OK product, and you can finish this size deck in a weekend even if you watch the ball game in between.

Default Re: Rustoleum Deck Restore

I applied Rust-Oleum Restore to my deck mid August 2013.
    We followed the manufacture's instructions religiously. We also watched their video for product application. We used Rust-Oleum deck cleaner for preparation and their special roller for application.
    Fast forward to March 2014 and this stuff is peeling and cracking everywhere.
    The failure mode is either peeling up in large sheets or it crumbles when you step on it.
    The major problem is that in sections of the deck where it neither peels nor crumbles, its removal is all but impossible without destroying the wood decking.
    The only thing I can do now is pull up the fir decking and either replace it (very expensive) or turn the decking over, put it back down and use a conventional stain (labor intensive).
    Needless to say, "I am not happy".
    I would not recommend this product.
    Look up the many reviews and see for yourself what people are saying about Restore.
    I'm out over $800 and about 30 hours of labor