+ Reply to Thread

Default Roof seal instead of plaster primer

I'f had my garage walls which backs onto soil stripped and sealed by a professional company about 8 months ago. So the wall is dry and ready for painting. I have a large quantity of roof seal paint.
    Can i use roof seal instead of plaster primer to seal the wall and paint with pva afterwards?

Default Re: Roof seal instead of plaster primer

1. Having soil touching your garage wall is not good. Re-grade your soil, otherwise your problem will return.

2. "I'f had my garage walls which backs onto soil stripped and sealed by a professional company about 8 months ago" - if a professional company sealed your exterior wall (I assume exterior) - why do you think you need to seal the drywall inside?

3. Stopping water is better done on the exterior, not interior wall.

Default Re: Roof seal instead of plaster primer

The roof seal will bleed through whatever you put ion top of it. Better to use the right stuff! And unless it's a masonry substance being spoken of, get the soil away from the structure. I don't care who does the work, no waterproofing is perfect and you are inviting rot which will destroy not only the appearance but the whole darn wall, which is kind of counter-productive don't you think?

Phil