+ Reply to Thread

Default Cold weather walls?

I have a 16' by 32' out building that has become my man cave, and I would like to place drywall on the walls but I am not sure if it will last. The building is located in Michigan and only gets heated when a few times a month threw the winter. I am wondering if the lack of heat, or change from cold to hot to cold will crack the drywall? Are there some types of products, drywalls or plasters that will resist the change in temperature? Or am I better off just using paneling. Thanks for the advice.

Smile Re: Cold weather walls?

I had my contractor build an outside playhouse for my daughter's 5th birthday using a collection of architectural pieces I already had on hand. As an interior designer, I wanted it finished out just like her own little house: hardwood floors, chandeliers, fake mantel, etc. Not only did we drywall the entire interior, but we also wallpapered it. We did purchase a portable electric heater for her to use when she played "hostess" as a featured site for our town's Christmas Tour one snowy December. Other than that, the playhouse has never been heated during our Indiana winters. My daughter is now 12, and the walls look as good as the day they were wallpapered! Go for it! KDB

Default Re: Cold weather walls?

Thank you*informed me.
    Last edited by Friccifi; 10-18-2014 at 03:38 PM.