Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Great Architectural Company!

Viewing unrelated videos, I happened across this company that does custom complex framing projects. It's a very interesting company with very interesting abilities, whether you are residential customer or a professional in need of custom, unique framing services.

This is an introduction vid, but have a look at a few of their other vids, you'll find they have a great sense of humor and a craftsmanship level that is bar none.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Prm...9zLXfGrqC5K1ig
    Come to Hidden Content for all your DIY needs

Default Re: Great Architectural Company!

***, extremely cool concept. i bookmarked that.

They're even kind of, sort of, in your neighborhood.

they're in maryland and i'm in mass, about 8-9 hours away. but still, the stuff they can do is very impressive and the labor savings could be huge. we have many many old homes here that get retrofitted all the time and i can see this being a big savings with a better quality job. i'm thrilled you posted that link....thanks.

That's better than being on the west coast!

You're welcome. I watch a machinist's channel, and these guys volunteered to make a machinist's toolbox for a give-away, that's how I found them. I will keep an eye on their channel too, since I'm also an avid woodworker.

My morning dose of framing ****

Hi, I can see how this would be a builders dream but it would be the homeowners biggest nightmare because no engineering has gone into being able to insulate properly or vent it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MtMan54 View Post
    Hi, I can see how this would be a builders dream but it would be the homeowners biggest nightmare because no engineering has gone into being able to insulate properly or vent it. Thanks
    What are you talking about??!?!!? This firm works within the specs of the approved blueprints, which have been signed off by the building authority, which means that all code requirements will be or have been met. Ultimately, an onsite building inspector will approve the final product, and the company will be responsible for bringing it up to standards should it fail, not the contractor or homeowner.

As stated in the video, all they are doing is taking complex framing problems, applying computer technology and accuracy to them, and making them come to fruition, something that even many of the best framers wouldn't be able to do, let alone do at a reasonable cost. Also, as stated, when the item is duplicated, whether on the same project or across many individual homes, the cost is immediately and drastically cut, making it much more affordable to both homeowner and builder.

I know my abilities, I know how good I am, and there is absolutely no way I could compete with the product these guys are putting out. The same thing can be said of any specialty contractor out there over a general. A general is good at all things, sure, but not necessarily a master of anything in particular, whereas specialty contractors that do the same thing every day are set up and experienced to do their particular trade far and above those who do not. These guys (attached video ) are no different, they have specialized in something that few others, if any, can do onsite, certainly not with the same speed, quality, or accuracy.

There must still be a few bugs to work out, the eyebrow fascia does not have smooth transitions. It looks uneven. Most people would probably never notice, but I'm the one who can spot 1/16" in 8ft out-of-plumb from across the street. Eye of the tiger-eagle.
    Casey
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.

Hi, Sorry but if this was built to code then the codes need to be upgraded. I can see large heating and cooling bills for the homeowner and ice dams. Why didn't they one up the codes and do the job correct? I stand by what I said, there is not enough space for insulation and no venting. Thanks