+ Reply to Thread

Default Looking for best product roof shingles for deflecting heat in Southern California

It gets pretty hot during summer in So Cal and I am very concerned about the heat this year. What is the absolute best roof shingle for deflecting heat?
    So far, all I've found is Duration® Premium Cool Shingles http://www.owenscorning.com/roofing/...-premium-cool/
    Is the above product the absolute best at deflecting heat? Can someone recommend something better (preferrably something you've already installed on your roof would be nice)?

Also, besides replacing the shingles and adding a solar attic fan, what else can I do to keep the house/attic cooler?

Default Re: Looking for best product roof shingles for deflecting heat in Southern California

for paint and roof shingles, the best way to reflect heat is using colors as close to white as you can get. white reflects heat, black attracts heat.

Default Re: Looking for best product roof shingles for deflecting heat in Southern California

Hi, You can vent the roofing, add a grid of strapping over the old roof to make a vent system under the new roofing. Thanks