+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Window or skylight for small bath?

Since you're looking at a tube-type skylight, the condensation issues should be minimized since the tube is enclosed by a lens at ceiling level. If it's gasketed, that will prevent shower steam from entering the tube. However, you will want to make sure the tube is well insulated from the cold attic.

I don't have any experience with the tube-type skylight. My concern is that if moisture DOES enter it, that it will cause corrosion of the highly-polished walls of the tube.

I, too, live in the Pacific Northwest. Anything you can do to increase natural light is a good thing -- the frequent cloudy days can get depressing!
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Personally I'd go with a window for the reasons a few people have mentioned. But if you can install a skylight without having too many issues then go with that

Quote Originally Posted by Fencepost View Post

I, too, live in the Pacific Northwest. Anything you can do to increase natural light is a good thing -- the frequent cloudy days can get depressing!
    But we appreciate even the semi-sunny days so much more!