+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default black dye from tanbark leaked into well water

Laid black (double dye) tanbark and then it rained three inches. It seeped into my well water, and now I have black tinted water. I have been running the water and I am going to clean out the water softener and flush out the water heater. Should I still get the water tested? I do have a uv light for bacteria. I don't know where my well is, so I can't do anything there. Any advice? Did get a few tips on flushing out gas water heater, but one said turn down the temp and another says to turn off. Confused!

Default Re: black dye from tanbark leaked into well water

Hi, Sorry but you need to find the well and fix it first. If surface water is getting in the well then it is not a well it is a hole with water in it and not safe to use. Thanks

Default Re: black dye from tanbark leaked into well water

Quote Originally Posted by MtMan54 View Post
    Hi, Sorry but you need to find the well and fix it first. If surface water is getting in the well then it is not a well it is a hole with water in it and not safe to use. Thanks
    Totally agree this is quite an important health and safety issue for you to address. Wells must never be open to groundwater infiltration because e-coli.
    Casey
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.