+ Reply to Thread

Default Sani Tred Experience

I am looking for someone who has had experience with the Sani Tred product. The older posts were from 5 years ago so I was wondering if there is anyone else who has tried this product. I have a 100 year old house with what looks like a brick foundation and cement floor. There is no water running in the walls but I do have the efflorescence on the bricks. The walls have been painted with who knows what but it is pretty much chipping/peeling off. The floor is just cement not sure how thick and does have a few cracks in it. The problem is when we ge a rain (or snow thaw) there is water seeping at the wall/floor joint and also some of the floor cracks. After looking into products I was going to try the Sani Tred product ... but since its pretty expensive, I thought I would start out with the paint remover product and see if it lives up to the claims on their website. Anyway, wondering if anyone has had any experience with it and especially, does every speck of paint have to come off? With this old brick I can tell right now it is not going to be 100% clear of old paint.

Default Re: Sani Tred Experience

When you remove, sand and scr-ape old paint, you must take precaution, for your personal safety. Even if you can't remove 100% of the old paint, you will be able to proceed.

To stop water, you need to treat the foundation from the outside. There are proven methods of doing so, but let me tell you about one that I've used and worked for me: THOROSEAL. It's a cement base product, you mix with water and apply with a brush. When dry and hard, it's part of the concrete and masonry. Paint sealants and waterproofing materials are good to a degree, but not as good as Thoroseal.