+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Exterior paint is blistering/cracking and peeling off in massive amounts!

Quote Originally Posted by dfairfield View Post
    Right....but if there's another issue that is causing moisture to get into the siding won't this just keep happening? I'm trying to prevent spending the time/money before I understand the cause of peeling.
    Hi, I'm happy to see someone that is more interested in fixing the problem and not trying to fix the symptoms. Don't be confused by all this talk about the paint and prep because these are not the problem. A mesh under the siding will solve the moisture problem. Thanks

Default Re: Exterior paint is blistering/cracking and peeling off in massive amounts!

Quote Originally Posted by MtMan54 View Post
    Hi, I'm happy to see someone that is more interested in fixing the problem and not trying to fix the symptoms. Don't be confused by all this talk about the paint and prep because these are not the problem. A mesh under the siding will solve the moisture problem. Thanks
    Are there any other solutions that don't require I remove the siding from the entire house? That seems like it would be very cost prohibitive! I stumbled upon WedgeVent's website when searching. Do you have any experience with this?

Are there any other solutions that don't require I remove the siding from the entire house? That seems like it would be very cost prohibitive! I stumbled upon WedgeVent's website when searching. Do you have any experience with this?
    Hi, The moisture is comming from inside the house. I would try installing the mesh under the siding on the side of the house with the biggest blister problem, this may solve the moisture problem completely. Thanks

Hey,
    we were taking old redwood siding off a 1950's ranch style house a few years ago, and I noticed these little aluminum shapes littering the ground, picked some up, I read "Wedge Vent" pat. pending. I googled them, and found out they indeed were for remedial venting of existing siding with paint peeling problems. So, they make and sell them, but I can't tell you if they work other than to improve ventilation at the siding's laps. And let in lots of cold air, for sure!
    Casey
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.