+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TOH Alum Get Together

I think we should all build one of these, then meet up at Houston Remodeler's shop and have a race!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBmnQN78aZU
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Default Re: TOH Alum Get Together

didn't know if i was supposed to laugh or not. he definitely get's major points for creativity. my favorite part was when he used the table saw instead of a lathe......you set the race up and i'll be there.

What ? No remote control ?

Airfare and Hotels courtesy of Houston Remodeler?

I don't know if I have enough extension cords to make it that far.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Y'all can stay in the spare bedroom. First to register gets the blow up mattress.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB Construction View Post
    didn't know if i was supposed to laugh or not. he definitely get's major points for creativity. my favorite part was when he used the table saw instead of a lathe......you set the race up and i'll be there.
    I watch a YouTube channel of a woodworker who does circle cutting on his tablesaw all the time. Uses the same jig this scaffold guy had. It's interesting, and the first vid I saw on YouTube about it, the guy was talking about all the crap he was getting in the comments from people who said it couldn't be done or done safely, he goes on to explain the process and then shows you how it's done. He also said the same thing I always do, and that is, if you don't know how to use your equipment, you shouldn't be using it, and, if you're afraid to do something DON'T DO IT! Safety really is just that simple.

Now about this scaffold race . . . LOL
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

How did you guys know someone stole my old metal scaffold frames? I still have the cross bracing, wheels and decking as a head start. I can use those right ?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRemodeler View Post
    How did you guys know someone stole my old metal scaffold frames? I still have the cross bracing, wheels and decking as a head start. I can use those right ?
    Ok, we'll give you the home field advantage, but you can only use rusty, bent, reclaimed nails to build your scaffold!

Somebody's got too much time on their hands.