+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Holes in the tile

Hi all,
    I have two small holes in one of the bathroom tiles (plain white) left by the screws after I removed an old towel hook. This is on the side of the wall and not too visible. Don't want to change the tiles but would just like to close these holes with something so that they aren't too visible.
    Any advise?
    Thank you.

Default Re: Holes in the tile

Try Bondo. Then paint over with porcelain touch up paint (sold as a kit in the stores).

I would just use tile grout the same color as the rest of the grout.

I have used grout of the same colour to fill the holes but did not look neat.

Grout and ceramic don't have the same finish. So grouting holes in ceramic tiles will not give the desirable result.

For small holes like these I just fill them flush with caulk that closely matches the tile. The sheen may not match but when the color does they will not be very noticeable. You can either get a matching caulk from colorite or mix two colors of the same type caulk on a palate then apply with a putty knife. Leave the caulk proud of the hole, then after it's completely dry, clean off any excess with a razor blade using a back-and-forth sawing motion which will leave you with a flat and flush plug.

Phil