Quote Originally Posted by Nurse View Post
Just bought a 1950 house that has painted over wallpaper walls. Should I just get a plaster person to redo the walls because they look kind of wavy in a few spots anyway and not sure if it is because of the wallpaper or there are defects in the wall?
The only way to know what the wall condition is would be to remove the wallpaper, then address the walls accordingly. Wavy doesn't necessarily mean damage, bulges would be likely damage, but waves could just be the by product of the application process. Plaster is rarely baby's buns smooth, heck, even sheet rock is rarely baby's buns smooth. Pull the paper and go from there.