+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default toilet seat replacement 1939

My house was built in 1939 and I have a SMALL powder room off the kitchen that has an ELJER toilet. The seat is made of a wood-like (?) material and after 20+ years of living here with 4 children and many times of sanding the seat and repainting it it is finally starting to breakdown. The simple solution would be to replace to toilet but it is NOT a standard size. it is MUCH smaller. and something to do with the placement of the rough(?) would make this a huge project. simply stated i need to replace this seat or have a custom seat made but cannot find where to go or who to call. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Default Re: toilet seat replacement 1939

You might try here http://www.rensup.com/Search.cfm?Key...token=77292696 they have a live chat feature. You will no doubt need a good description of the seat including the shape, dimension , and a description of the mounting hardware.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Are you sure it's not a standard round toilet instead of the more common elongated toilet?
    Both type seats are generally available. Any good hardware, big box or plumbing supply house may have what you need.

Thank you! I'll be sure to check out that website!

I wish i could say this is a standard toilet seat even the hardware is not the same as a standard seat when I say a TINY toilet seat i mean tiny My guests get a kick out of it the measurements are from back to front 13 1/2in and side to side 13in that is the outer portion ready for the inner??? 10 in by 8in when i look in the tank there is a date carved in of 1953 and the only label is ELJER

My round toilet is 13 1/2 wide x 16" so yours is tiny. Eljer is a common name, but I don't know if they are still are still made.

Eljer at one time had a toilet that required a seat with a squared front.
    John

Contact Eljer, they're still in business.

if you want to change the toilet please measure from the wall to the toilet bolts on the floor and let us know. there are many different size of the rough. It could be 10, 12, 14, 15 inches after that you can buy a toilet to suit your rough

In 50 years I have never seen a 15" rough toilet.
    John