+ Reply to Thread

Default Home made chainsaw

looking to save a few bucks and make your own chainsaw? these Russians are crazy.

http://www.vidiload.com/10797/need-a-chainsaw/

Default Re: Home made chainsaw

Well, sure, that's fine for the little stuff, but sometimes you have to get a little more serious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjXw--3jCv4
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

i'll give you that one.....but let's see you carry it up a tree to get a small branch.

I said yours was fine for the little stuff!

If the limb is too high, I just use a different tool to get it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5RSnBcCBr8
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

doesn't get easier than that.

The excavator operator has a vid and he bets his partner that he can fell the tree in a specific place and that it will reach out to a public walkway/bike trail. He was off his mark by about 6 inches and the try didn't make the trail, but shrapnel did. And yes, his partner was holding traffic on the bike trail while this was going on. <G>

Chainsaws are great, they just need frequent service, cleaning, sharpening, oiling, gas fill ups. Can't live without them.

I don't know if this is appropriate here or not, but I just bought a Ryobi 12" 40V LiIon chainsaw and I am impressed with its capabilities. Just a little slower than my 18" Craftsman but a lot less maintenance and a whole lot easier to start. I have used the crap out it already, I've used it more in the last month than I have used my gas saw in 8 years.

Of course, now that I just bought it, I find out that Ryobi is replacing it with a new model that has a more efficient brushless motor and a 14" bar that they claim will match a gas saw the same size. The downside of the Ryobi chainsaws is they don't come with a case and there are no cases available to buy for them.

I have about a dozen cedar trees on my property which I was recently trimming up. I have an electric chain saw, but even though relatively small, it is still too big for clean cut of small branches. It finally dawned on me that I had the perfect tool for the smaller work already - my Milwaukee reciprocating saw fitted with a long, course crosscut blade. It zips right through the branches, gets into tight areas and allows a very clean cut tight to the main trunk.