+ Reply to Thread

Default Deck skirt ideas?

Does anyone have creative ideas arouind deck skirting? The usual thing I see is lattice but I really hate the way that looks. However it looks worse with nothing. The deck is made out of gray timbertech composite with a white synthetic railing, and it ranges from a foot to about three feet off the ground. My kids are old enough that I'm not concerned about the skirt being kid proof, it's only an appearance issue.

Any ideas or pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks!

-Brad

Default Re: Deck skirt ideas?

How about a board and batton style?

Google Image "board and batton" and you'll come up with fences and other images to get ideas. Also, you might even try "fence" because there are a number of interesting variations and patterns that may suit your needs.

Whatever you do, I recommend that you maintain good airflow under the deck to prevent rot. Also, keep in mind that critters will love it under there, so you'll want access should the need arise.

There are other styles of lattice besides the old diagonal strip . Look around , you might find a style that can be improved upon with a little imagination .

May husband built a custom deck for my mother and she did not want the typical diamond lattice for the skirt so he made one that was squares. It is the same color as the deck and house and looks amazing!

If you look at the window shapes and make the openings the same shape I think that would look great! Take a photo before you put on the skirt and try different shapes & sizes of openings by cutting out little strips of paper and laying them on the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by bradadams6 View Post
    Does anyone have creative ideas arouind deck skirting? The usual thing I see is lattice but I really hate the way that looks. However it looks worse with nothing. The deck is made out of gray timbertech composite with a white synthetic railing, and it ranges from a foot to about three feet off the ground. My kids are old enough that I'm not concerned about the skirt being kid proof, it's only an appearance issue.

Any ideas or pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks!

-Brad
    Did you ever think about using white solid soffit? You can get then at home depot, lowes,good luck. That is what I'm going to be using on my decks.