+ Reply to Thread

Default Repairing water damaged framing

I have removed an old tile shower because it kept leaking over the years. I am now faced with having to replace the water damages base and some of the lower studs. The problem is that it is an older house with plaster walls and I hoping to avoid having to do too much plaster work since it wouldn't be a simple dry wall job. Advice on techniques, tools, etc. Would be appreciated. I tried to upload a picture but it doesn't show up in the preview.

Default Re: Repairing water damaged framing

To post as many pictures as you want, get answers specific to your shower, head on over to the John Bridge Tile Forum.

Tell them we sent you.

It will depend on the severity of the damage, just how much demolition has to be done to correct it. Studs can be sistered before removing the main stud damage, maintaining the integrity of the plaster on the opposite side of the wall. How to go about this, again, will depend on severity of the damage. Same goes for plate and floor damage.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

To load photos: load them up in a host like photobucket.com, then give us the link.