+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Greatest multi-tool ever

As a first time user of this forum, I am surprised by the closed minded comments. I would have thought this was a forum to bounce ideas off and to support new ideas. I did some research after seeing the negative remarks The developer of the tool is working to find a solution to eradicate the Varroa Mite that has contributed to hive collapse. He has a section of testimonials and I found testimonials on Ebay. I have found many uses for the tool as he has said in his advertising. It is ashamed that you would not do your research before making the negative remarks.

I found the best remodeling multi-purpose tool. It's called The Shizel. I found it on ebay listed as a hive tool, but I think it should be in every household. It can be used for so many things like scraping, pulling nails, as a putty knife. I love the handle, the grip is easy on the hands and the tool is light weight. The website for this tool is shizeltool.com.
    Last edited by Green Goombah; 03-11-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Default Re: Greatest multi-tool ever

It looks like they took a Dadant tool and welded a handle to it.
    Casey
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.

Sounds like shameless advertising. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    It doesn't look all that particularly useful. As far as a beehive tool, I'd have to take somebodies word since I never raised bees.

the website is horrible. you need a magnifying glass to see the tool. i can't even get a good look at it, there's only one small far away picture of it in the top right corner of the page.

Needless to say: I'm not buying it.

If that is what the manufacturer did, then nice job. I love the handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombreuil_mongrel View Post
    It looks like they took a Dadant tool and welded a handle to it.
    Casey

I am a newbie to This Old House. I am a remodeler not the manufacturer of the tool. I have been using it to remove paneling and to score sheet rock. Yesterday I was in my wood shop and needed a screwdriver. Guess what the Shizel was right there. Worked great as a flat head screwdriver.

Quote Originally Posted by ed21 View Post
    Sounds like shameless advertising. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    It doesn't look all that particularly useful. As far as a beehive tool, I'd have to take somebodies word since I never raised bees.

Did you see the testimonials section? There are many more pictures of the tool.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB Construction View Post
    the website is horrible. you need a magnifying glass to see the tool. i can't even get a good look at it, there's only one small far away picture of it in the top right corner of the page.

Face it, not that I speak for anyone here, it doesn't seem to impress anyone on this site or me.
    I have tool bags full of stuff and a leatherman tool often on my belt so when I need a screwdriver, pry bar or a scr-aper I go get one or reach to my belt if it's the closest thing that will do the job properly.
    That said it looks like it wouldn't be totally worthless, but multitools usually seem not to any one thing best. Even my much used leatherman has limitations and can't compare to the purpose built tool it might replace. It's just on my belt and handy for small things.

I guess it's a fine idea, but I use the original Dadant hive tool without the extra handle, which gets in the way and limits its usefulness, in addition to taking up more space in the tool box.
    The Dadant tool is proven and sold probably a million of them; welding a handle to it didn't take that much creativity.
    Casey
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.