+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default U shaped house, want to enclose porch area.

This is my first post on this site. I am not sure what to include but here goes....We have a U shaped house. The U is in the back of the house. It is 14'8'' wide and 15'7 long on one side and 13'6 on the other side. The concrete slab is approx. 20' long, it extends past the sides of the house. The house is stucco, and there are two doors and two windows. The other snag is there is an fireplace inside, so this juts out on the 14'8'' side about a foot and is approx. 6 feet wide.

We live in the Arizona and the sun is very hot. We want to enclose this area to have shaded spot that we can use year round. the height from the concrete slab to the pa****t wall is 10' The roof is a flat roof with a pa****t wall of additional 1 foot. I hope I am making sense. I can't seem to find any information on these 1940's ranch style U shaped homes. Any ideas how we might do this? Or where on the web I could look?

Am I able to post a picture here? Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give!

Default Re: U shaped house, want to enclose porch area.

First you can post pictures by first putting them on a photo sharing site such as PhotoBucket and posting the link, or e-mail them to me jackson_l_mcdaniel@yahoo.com and I will post them for you. Put "TOH Pix" in the subject line and include your TOH user name.

You might consider an awning, you can do an on line search for "sun awnings" for such sites as http://www.sunsetter.com/ for ideas and pricing.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Here's a simple idea: build a patio cover.

Google patio cover - and you'll see many samples.

Here are some pictures Jack

I think a porch arbor built between the two sides would go well with the Adobe house. Jack