+ Reply to Thread

Question Snow and ice sliding off roof peeled up portion of metal shingles

Hello all

We've had a bit of warm weather this week, and when the ice and snow slid off it peeled up a portion of the shingles.

This is an interlocking shingle metal roof.

Here is a link to a pic:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Q...it?usp=sharing

I've had some ice damming in that area of the roof. I'll be looking to fix the issues that caused it, but right now I'm wondering if this is something I can put back together with something like a hand seamer, or should I just get someone in.

Any suggestions appreciated,

Thanks,

Brian

Default Re: Snow and ice sliding off roof peeled up portion of metal shingles

From the photo it looks like a portion of the roof was pried open, and if that's the case, this roof section can't be restored, but needs to be replaced.

You need a roofer for an estimate.

I would get a roofer familiar with metal clad roof installations to do the repair. It is better that a knowledgeable person deal with it properly, than to risk further damage and leaks doing something you shouldn't have. Doing it right the first time is always the best and cheapest method.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Thanks guys, I'm calling someone in.

I was hoping, but...

Point taken about doing it right the first time - beware the high cost of the low price.

Thanks again,

Brian