+ Reply to Thread

Default How to locate & center two medicine cabinets on opposite walls

I'm installing two recessed medicine cabinets on opposing walls in an alcove with the front wall having a wall to wall fixed mirror. Currently the bathroom sink & counter top are in an alcove area. On the back wall there's a wall to wall mirror 75 inches long. On the right the side wall comes out 32 inches. The other wall on the left comes out 36 inches.

My question is, how do I center or locate the medicine cabinets with the walls on opposite walls being different lengths? Do I make both cabinets the same distance from the front wall with the mirror, or locate the cabinets in the center of the wall that they are to be installed in?

Default Re: How to locate & center two medicine cabinets on opposite walls

Where to place the medicine cabinets is a personal preference. I would place then so they are facing each other.

Default Re: How to locate & center two medicine cabinets on opposite walls

I would place them both an equal distance from the mirrored wall, hinge side to the mirror as well. Wall framing may disrupt this plan, just depends on stud spacing and how the walls were framed. An electronic stud finder will help you determine stud placement before you start cutting drywall.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!