+ Reply to Thread

Question making garden around home

i want to make small garden around my home
    invoke by gardener or make it my self ??

Default Re: making garden around home

The answer is yes

Growing things is very rewarding but if you can't give them the attention they need let someone else handle it.

Phil

If you have the patience, the ability and a "green thumb" - then do it yourself. People enjoy gardening which can be very relaxing. But it's a physical job that can wear you out.

Send some pictures, we want to see your new garden.

i will try to do it myself and upload you my work

Studies show that working in one's yard bring more stress relief and lifts ones mood more than a remodeling project. Imagine that!

People making garden in backyard of their home and it is a good move but, if you don't maintain the garden it will produce dangerous mosquitoes and flees.

Having a garden around the house is a very good idea but you will have to put in a lot of effort for its upkeep. A well kept, trimmed garden is what adds to the beauty of the house.What I would suggest is that you could start with one side of the house and then see how much time you can devote to it everyday.If you are able to manage fine then you could take up the work on one more side and so on.This way you will keep the work within manageable limits.But if you feel that you want to do up the whole stretch at one go then it would be better to either hire a gardener to do the job or maybe to assist you.

Also keep in mind drainage and sun exposure. If you are removing concrete to plant a garden, the building foundation may be exposed to more moisture and if you have a basement this can cause leaking. If you have a side of the house that gets little to no direct sunlight it may be best to not put a garden on that side because too much shade can give plants a tough time growing, mold, and diseases unless they have plenty of care.

Just a handy idea, if you're interested you can look into collecting rain water into a rain barrel for watering your new garden.
    My advice and opinions come from hands on knowledge...and This Old House Hidden Content

Studies show that working in one's yard bring more stress relief and lifts ones mood more than a remodeling project. Imagine that!
    Eventually it will lead to healthy lifestyle as well the outlook in life as a whole!