Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
I would say if you are planning on structural changes get an architect, but if you are just planning on redoing the same foot print get a designer. Often times creating a mud room in an existing area can be accomplished with just cabinets and seating rather than building walls.

I worked for many years in a municipal urban planning office. And I agree 100 % with the above quote. If you came in to my office and wanted to change the lay out, access, or re-location of wall we would ask for an architect signed drawing before giving the permit. Architects know the building codes designers do not. However if just moving things around then defiantly a designer.