+ Reply to Thread

Default problems with white vinyl covered kitchen cabinets

Hi All, We have beautiful white kitchen cabinets that are vinyl covered. They must take vinyl and using heat cover all of the door and drawers. It looks good and wears OK. Anyway, I have a few locations that have problems and need your guidance. The first problem is the door by the garbage can. It is is pealing back from the top edge and looks bad. The second spot is the drawer under the oven has some spots where the heat from the cleaning cycle has blistered it. Anyway, the original manufacture does not carry these anymore and I would like to find a location that still does this type of covering and just have them re-covered. There must be someone who does this? Is there a manufacture of these types of kitchen cabinets that could help me? Or what else do you suggest. Please help for the rest of the kitchen is beautiful and does not need a whole face lift.

Default Re: problems with white vinyl covered kitchen cabinets

You might try searching the web for replacement doors and drawer fronts. Probably would be easier than repairing if you can find a match.

You can start by contacting local cabinet makers. If they don't do vinyl covered cabinets, perhaps they know someone who does.

The product is called Thermofoil. It isn't one of my favorite products. If it doesn't outright peel off, it discolors.

I would suggest you go to "You-Tube" and type "thermofoil repair" in the search box. There are plenty of help videos available.