I have just got an old concrete house. The house has concrete blocks interior and exterior walls.
I am thinking of joining two rooms into one by removing the wall in between. Our codes prohibit the use of load bearing blocks; so if its a block then it can be removed.

How can I tell if the wall is made of concrete blocks only or has a reinforced concrete column ?

Note: I know that the board says molding & CARPENTRY but I could not find a more suitable board