+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Washington state

    Default Replacing old tub fixtures

    We want to replace the Delta fixtures in our tub/shower surround that date from 1977. Of course, that means the valve is also ancient. There are no signs of leaking or anything, but I realize we're probably on borrowed time. Since we want to have our fiberglass? acrylic? tub/shower surround refinished (also old but no cracks or chips, just dingey), would a plumber be able to replace the valve from the other side? There is a shared wall behind it covered in drywall.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Replacing old tub fixtures

    If you call Delta Faucet, they will send you a new stem/cartridge free of charge. A plumber will be able to change it.

    You can also buy a new trim, it won't be too expensive, and viola - you have a new faucet, because the body (inside the wall) can go on and on and on.

    If you still want to change your faucet to a new design, a plumber will be happy to help you.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts